Friday, November 9, 2007

When writing to the market is a good thing

Check out my reading list. It's not very long because I'm on a mission this month to get my Golden Heart entry ready and to finish Cisco's story, which has been too long coming. So not a lot of reading on my own unless it's irresistible (and thankfully, I've resisted most.) Don't worry, Cisco's done, he's just in revision land and had to go on hiatus while I dealt with a contest final and The Book That Wouldn't Die. (A quick plug since it's my blog. Cisco is the sequel to Hard To Guard from Samhain Publishing.)

But what savvy readers will notice is that most of the entries are regarding M/M erotica. Shocking, isn't it? I know there's some of you are out there right now perplexed and wondering what on earth I see in the M/M erotica. My husband agrees with you. Well, I've been thinking about it and I've figured it out. Right now, I'm keeping that information to myself. But I love, love, love M/M, and I love the thread I've found that keeps me up to date on all the good M/M authors. Feel free to send me recommended reads--I'm voracious when I'm on a roll.

So when I get my plate cleared, I'm starting one. I've been told I write men better than women anyway. I may try to plot this one, since I've realized that revisions can be bugger-all if you have to replace half of the original draft because you weren't smart enough to envision the entire character arc. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

We really make an obnoxious pair when you put it that way. Me with my young adult stories - you with your appetite for naughty boys. Ah well. Bring it on.

Nina Mamone said...

Sassy! I had no idea you were looking forward to them so much. I'll have to write faster ;) You need something to critique, why not sweet man luuurve?