Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's My Xmas Party, And I'll Cry If I Want To

We had a huge weekend planned - a birthday party, my RWA chapter's party, my husband's company Xmas party, and a family Xmas party that should count as a reunion because there's usually at least 50 people there. Honestly, I didn't know if I could stand that much partying. Even so, I did not want to be sidelined by a cold, one that had reached the coughing, hacking, laryngitis stage. Still, perfect reason to sit on the sofa with my laptop and football going on the TV. ;)

It seems that I can write through colds and flus, all kinds of stuff. But put an energetic child in the room and it's all over. I know my husband doesn't get it, but when I'm writing, my mind goes to a different place and I'm able to ignore a sniffly nose, or even a headache. If I can write, how come I can't vacuum? Well, probably because I like writing.

So everyone out there, just a reminder--it's cold season. Please be careful when you're doing this.

2 comments:

Jennifer Linforth said...

ROTFL..

NICE mouse...

Celeste said...

Is that a Lol Hamster?! Where did you get that?

I really want to make a Lol Cockatiel. Sunny does Pilates. You should see her T-stand.