Sunday, December 30, 2007

Distraction

The writing has taken a back seat this week while I give into the craziness of my muse and make a youtube music video. Why, you ask? Because in my weaker moments I'm a crazy fangirl. The learning curve was steep, but I am three minutes into a four minute song, and it ROCKS!

I've decided that film editing is a lot like writing. You cut and splice the scenes so they fit into the space provided and don't put people to sleep. You make sure you have transitions, and that everything flows together to make, well, a story. I believe I might be good at this (she says humbly.) And that it is good training for book trailers, which will be my next hurdle. I'm slowing down at it though. Books don't get written in Windows Movie Maker.

Tomorrow is poker night, and I luuurve poker. We'll be just down the street, spending the evening with good friends, people who make me laugh a lot. Can't ask for more than that. Have a safe and Happy New Year.

No comments: