Tuesday, January 29, 2008

All Kinds Of Awesome

I just finished Extreme Danger by Shannon Mckenna, and that book was all kinds of awesome. Shannon Mckenna is one of my favorite authors, so much so that I went the day the book was released and plunked down $14.00 for it. The author has an MO which includes damaged alpha heroes, extreme danger (see what I did there?), hot sex, angry sex, and a knack for description that can be poetic at times. Ms. Mckenna describes an orgasm as "a glittering sugar rush" which is not only creative, as writing should be and not always is, but rings true. Her books are not for the faint of heart, as she doesn't shy away from emotionally and physically tortorous situations. This one dealt with organ harvesting, and none of the sections dealing with that were pretty. Not easy, but at the end I was wrung out as only a good book can do.

For those wanting to see the video, which I strongly advise against, email me and I'll send you the link. The most important thing I learned from the whole fan/music video exercise? Make sure you really, really, really love the song you use, and the show, because you are about to hear the song a thousand times, and comb through hours of episodes to find just the right moment. Darn it, was it episode 2.14 where actor/actress gasped in horror and turned their face to the left while the camera panned in for a really emotional shot? But I really loved it and am currently working on a second one. Another unforeseen bonus is that I come out of Windows Movie Maker in excellent writing frame of mind. I mean, just in a focused, take no prisoners, cut pages and pages if I have to frame of mind.

No comments: